Anniversary of Nakba: Tunisia reiterates constant and principled support for Palestinian cause

Tunisia reiterated its firm commitment to continue to fully assume its responsibilities and “defend the just Palestinian cause until the valiant Palestinian people” recover their legitimate rights and establish their independent state with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital.
In a statement, on the 73rd anniversary of the “Nakba”, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Tunisians Abroad renewed its constant and principled support for the Palestinian cause and the inalienable and indivisible rights of the Palestinian people.
“The anniversary of the Nakba coincides this year with the rise of brutal violence and acts of aggression against the brotherly Palestinian people who continue to struggle heroically against the arbitrary policies of the occupation forces and their repeated violations of the holy places and their disregard for UN resolutions and international law,” reads the same source.
The Foreign Affairs Department said in the statement issued Saturday evening that Tunisia, as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council is making intense efforts, in coordination with other members and other countries, for the Security Council to play its crucial role in maintaining international peace and security.
Tunisia calls on the international community to provide the necessary protection and support to the Palestinian people against the barbaric aggressions, daily violations and racist behavior, calling it to resolutely stand against the Israeli settlement policy.
The UN Security Council will meet on Sunday evening to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which has entered a new escalation of violence in the last week.
“That virtual public meeting on the conflict will see the participation of UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Tor Wennesland, as well as representatives of Israel and the Palestinians,ยป said European media.
Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip have caused 139 deaths, including 39 children, and 1,000 injured, since last Monday, the Palestinian authorities said Friday.

Source: TAP News Agency