Bardo knife attack: Selliti denies attacker member of terrorist cell | Tunisia News Gazette

Bardo knife attack: Selliti denies attacker member of terrorist cell

Spokesman for the Tunis Court of First Instance and the Judicial Counter-Terrorism Division Sofiene Selliti, on Monday, denied the Bardo knife attacker who killed police commander Riadh Barrouta was member of a terrorist cell.

Selliti also denied reports by some private media and on social networks, according to which the attacker had links with terrorist elements.

The involvement of a police officer and a municipal agent in this terrorist attack that took place on November 1, 2017 at Bardo Square was also refuted.

In a statement to TAP, Sofiene Selliti said the National Unit for Investigation of Terrorist Crimes of El Gorjani, in co-ordination with the General Directorate of National Security has checked the information that circulated, but it turns out that they are unfounded.

Selliti added that the Bardo attacker Zied Ben Salem Gharbi said during the interrogation conducted by the first investigating magistrate of the Judicial Division “to have acted alone”, recalling that a committal order had been issued against him last Friday.

Zied Ben Salem Gharbi attacked a traffic police patrol on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, stabbing Commander Riadh Barrouta fatally on the neck and wounding captain Mohamed Aidi at the front before being arrested by security forces.

Source: TAP News Agency

– Les opérations d’African Palm Corp. constitueront un investissement considérable dans les économies locales et
كليرمون – فيران، فرنسا، 19 أبريل 2018 /PRNewswire/ — اعتمدت ورشة العمل الدولية الثانية لمرض
لندن، 19 أبريل / نيسان، 2018 /PRNewswire/ — تصميم ممتاز وأحدث الابتكارات التقنية: يعلن مطار
كرانز – مونتانا، سويسرا، 19 أبريل / نيسان، 2018 /PRNewswire/ — منتجع جديد يستهدف نقل