Chourabi and Ktari case: SNJT brings application to International Court of Justice | Tunisia News Gazette

Chourabi and Ktari case: SNJT brings application to International Court of Justice

The National Union of Tunisian Journalists (SNJT) brought on Friday an application signed by several organisations to the International Court of Justice in the Hague, regarding the case of two journalists Sofien Chourabi and Nadhir Ktari.

The operation was carried out in the presence of Samir Ben Rejeb, head of the defence group in the case of the two journalists and Naziha Boudhib, specialist in international law. The application includes supporting legal documents.

The Union added in a press release, that an application for hearing the defence group in charge of the case will soon be sent to the ICJ.

On 3 May, during a meeting on the occasion of World Press Freedom Day, the Collective announced the official internationalisation of the case.

Sofien Chourabi and Nadhir Ktari had been abducted on September 8, 2014 in Libya.

Ben Rejeb explained the recourse to international justice by “the weakness of the Libyan judicial system and the incapacity of the Counter-terrorism Centre judge to advance the case.”

He specified that the conditions for the internationalisation of the case have been met and the CJI has sufficient material and logistical means to better investigate this case.

Source: TAP News Agency

TUNIS -- The new Chinese Ambassador to Tunisia, Wang Wenbin, says China will deepen its
Some 372 thousand mosquito nets for the protection of the date palm arrived at the
Minister of Energy, Mining and Renewable Energy Khaled Kaddour said, on Thursday, his department has
Thirteen individuals suspected of belonging to a terrorist network, were arrested in Sousse governorate, according
Thirteen individuals suspected of belonging to a terrorist network, were arrested in Sousse governorate, according